Midday blog: Art Reflection
As you look at this painting by Thayer called “The Virgin”, think through these questions using your sacred imagination:
1) How do you feel as you look at their faces?
2) Where are they going?
3) What is the boy holding? Why?
4) What is the woman thinking? What is she feeling?
5) What is on the little girl’s mind? How does she feel?
6) Which person do you identify with the most?
7) Do you sense God speaking to you about what you’re feeling or seeing in this painting?
8) Why do you think this painting is called “The Virgin”?